? What are some suggestions for the Specialty Drink Menu?
What is the “Specialty Drink Menu”, you ask? It is anything you want it to be! There is no limit to what drinks you can include on your Specialty Drink Menu.
Here are some suggestions to help you get started:
1. Most menus include beer, wine, champagne (if planning on a toast), and three to four specialty drinks. This is a guideline, though, and not a restriction.
2. Always start with your favorite cocktail.
3. If many of your guests are coming from the mainland, consider serving some standards such as a Mai Tai or Blue Hawaii.
4. You can always have fun by renaming a drink after your own special ocassion (“Maria’s Martini”, “Lisa’s Libation”).
5. And of course, Aloha On The Rocks will always bring standard mixers, so your guests are not limited to just the drinks on the drink menu.
Still having trouble deciding on what drinks to offer? I have compiled a list below of a few favorites:
MAI TAI – light rum, mix, pineapple juice, dark rum float
MANGO MARGARITA – tequila, triple sec, mango juice
SURF’S UP – rum, pineapple juice, cranberry juice, splash of Sprite
HAWAIIAN SUNSET – vodka, oj, cranberry juice, splash of club soda
Getting Married? Try these:
BLUSHING BRIDE – Champagne, peach schnapps, splash of grenadine
THE FIRST KISS – Vodka, pineapple juice, sweet & sour
HAPPILY EVER AFTER – Hypnotiq, mango juice, triple sec, splash of Sprite
THE HONEYMOON – Rum, pineapple juice, banana liqueur, strawberry puree, blended
Some other great resources: